- IIMMPACT Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “IIMMPACT”, “we”, “us” or “our”) values privacy and we are committed to protecting all your Personal Information provided by you to us. The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to all companies under and/or related to IIMMPACT. For the purpose of this Privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”), the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
- This Privacy Notice is meant to be read together with our Terms and Conditions and for the avoidance of doubt, unless the context requires otherwise, the words used in this Privacy Notice shall have the same meanings stipulated in our Terms and Conditions.
- This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand our practices in collecting Personal Information through your use of the IIMMPACT mobile device application (the “App”), and your use of or access to the *.iimmpact.com website (the “Website”) (collectively, together with the App, the “Platform”) and all content, products, services and functionality available at or through the App and the Website (collectively, together with the Platform, the “Services”).
- By using our Services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and you hereby give consent to us for the use, processing, collection, storage and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice
B. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- In order to enable us to provide you our Services, we may need and/or be required to collect, record, hold, use, store and disclose (i.e. “process”) Personal Information including:
- Personal details (e.g. name, NRIC or passport number, phone numbers, profile photo, age, e-mail address and device ID numbers when you create an account with us to use our Services, and any other information that you directly or indirectly provide to us through the Services.)
- Information about your interactions with our Services as well as the transactions that you make through our Services. For example, the mobile or account number that you provide to us, limited information such as amount due and payable as shown in your bills, your transaction amount sent or received, transaction history, balances, payment details including the product that you make payment for, and details required for completing transfer of monies through our Services.
- Information such as files and messages that you store using your IIMMPACT Account.
- Information obtained from you about others wherein you invite a third party to register an account with us to use our Services. Information including the third-party’s and your names and e-mail addresses will be collected and processed by us in order to reward you with commissions and also to contact the third-party.
- Information such as enquiries, feedback, reviews and complaints obtained from your interactions with our customer service by way of e-mail, phone call, live chat and social media.
- Information about you from third-party sources including but not limited to merchants, service providers, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Information obtained from your device which you have consented by way of using our Services.
C. HOW DO WE USE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We use and process your Personal Information for the purposes as stipulated herein below:
- to provide the Services;
- to facilitate account registration;
- to send you e-mail to verify your registration;
- to respond to your inquiry made to our customer service;
- to investigate and resolve any complaints and/or disputes;
- to improve the Services in order to provide a better user experience to you;
- to provide notifications of important changes or updates to the Services;
- to promote the Services for our marketing purposes including but not limited to sending you any special offers and/or discounts of our affiliated merchants which may be in your interest;
- for the purposes of our day to day and administrative operations; and
- for security and audit purposes;
D. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose your Personal Information with the following parties as set out herein below:
- Service Providers – Service Providers are companies that we work closely with in providing our Services. Service Providers are, for instance, mobile network operators, utility companies and third-party service providers whom we engage to provide you our Services. We may share your Personal Information with Service Providers in order for them to perform their necessary functions such as client identification and verification, receipt of payments, prepaid top up as well as updating your bill and payment history for the services that you subscribe with them.
- Financial Institutions – We may share your Personal Information with financial institutions that we have partnered with for the purposes of providing you our Services.
- Affiliates - We may share information including your Personal Information that we collect with our affiliated businesses. Sharing information with our affiliates enables us to provide you with information of various products and services that might interest you. All our affiliates comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial email they send to you, you will be given the opportunity to choose not to receive such email messages in the future.
- Others - We may also disclose your Personal Information with other parties for IIMMPACT’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- In the event that we are required to comply with a law, legal process or regulations.
- Law enforcement, regulators, government officials, relevant authorities in relation to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by Malaysian law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Terms or other agreements or policies.
- To financial institutions and credit reporting and collection agencies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of insolvency.
F. REASONABLE MEASURES FOR THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In compliance with the applicable law, we take various reasonable measures which are designed to provide protection for your Personal Information from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal.
- For protection of your Personal Information, we utilize Transport Layer Security (TLS) security policy which is a cryptographic protocol. By using TLS, all data such as your login details, password and other Personal Information are securely encrypted and protected from network security attacks such as tampering and eavesdropping during data communications.
- While we are dedicated to securing and protecting our systems and Services, you are responsible for keeping your username, password and pin number secured and confidential and ensuring your Personal Information that we maintain is accurate at all times. It is not advisable for you to share your username, password and pin with a third-party. We are not responsible and liable for the protection of your Personal Information that you authorize us to share with a third-party.
G. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will store your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions for the duration which we may deem necessary to protect our interests or otherwise required by law or relevant regulation.
H. ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may access to your Personal Information in our possession or control through your profile on your IIMMPACT account to rectify and amend information that is inaccurate. Your request of access to correct your Personal Information is always subject to the provisions of the applicable laws. We reserve the right to refuse requests that are impractical, made in bad faith or may jeopardize the security and privacy of the Personal Information.
I. CHILDREN UNDER AGE OF 18
- Our Services are not intended for those under age of 18, and we do not knowingly and intentionally collect information from those under the age of 18. Those under age of 18 should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using our Services, you are representing that you are at least 18 year-old or above.
- Please be informed that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. Hence, while we take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, accidental or unauthorized access, disclosure and destruction, we cannot guarantee and assure its absolute security.
K. CONTACT US